I’ve felt absurdly happy this past week.
I think it’s the happiest I’ve ever been in my life.
I have abundance and opportunity and a growing community and family and financial security, knowledge, skills, and confidence.
I have wealth.
The kind of wealth that makes you happy because it’s the kind of wealth that matters.
I’m not financially rich, though I have enough so that we are set for life as long as I do things the right way and am conservative in my investments.
I have true wealth as I define it.
I could go on and on about all the things I have, but that’s me-too and not helpful.
Instead, I’ll do my best to give some recommendations that have evolved my thinking over the years.
- Learn how to take your hardships and turn them into fuel for growth.
- Study the Stoics. Read all the books 10x times.
- Get outside daily and move in direct sunlight.
- Sleep 8 hours a night (tired people aren’t happy).
- Eat Real Food cooked at home from raw ingredients.
- Do everything you can to cultivate a growth mindset constantly.
- Fire toxic people.
- Don’t give an ounce of oxygen to the flame of negativity. Starve it out like you’d stamp out a fire in your living room.
- Cultivate hope and optimism—stop spending time explaining why things are.
- Give up your past. Your past doesn’t exist. It’s a figment of your imagination. Most people let their past hold them back.
- Read fiction. YOU MUST READ FICTION.
- Limit your screen time as much as possible.
- Turn notifications off and use airplane mode often.
- Buy Bitcoin and ignore daily price changes. Keep buying.
- Stop trying to buy happiness or confidence, or status. You can only earn these things. So start earning them by becoming the best happy, confident, high-value human you can be. The rest will take care of itself. Bonus: you won’t have to go into credit card debt!
- Stop projecting your fears and beliefs onto other people.
- Live your truth with 100% honesty. Stop telling people what you think they want to hear. All you are doing is putting off the inevitable demise of the relationship.
- Get off social media. It’s just not valuable.
- Understand evolutionary biology and psychology, then use that to understand yourself. This study will bring you more value than anything you’ve ever studied…. ever.
- Spend time with people that have the habits and lifestyles you aspire to.
- Avoid spending too much time with people that have the habits and lifestyles you don’t aspire to.
- To see your future, look at how you spend your time today. How much is invested in growth, and how much is used passively or wasted completely? How many things do you do because it’s there rather than on purpose? How much do you think about your time and schedule, and productivity? The answers to these questions determine who you will be in 5, 10, and 20 years.
- If you don’t have health, you have nothing.
- Find things that matter to you and build your life around those while eliminating everything that doesn’t help you do more of that or get you closer to doing so.
- Decide to be happy. Decide to respond BETTER. Decide not to give in to your primal instincts and urges and outdated psychology. Choose to rise above, and you will.
- Understand what inflation is. Then protect yourself and your family.
- Learn basic survival skills.
- Learn how to use a gun—one could be used against you.
- Buy ten massive jugs of honey at Costco and keep them in your pantry. If you ever need calories in a life or death situation, this LIFETIME food could save your life.
- Buy some silver and keep it in your physical possession.
- Invest in training, coaching, and education.
- Buy every book that you want and ignore the price.
- Walk daily and listen to an audiobook and/or nature.
- Lie on the floor with your kids and stretch and roll around. To stay mobile as you age, you need to be mobile.
- What you think you become. If you don’t choose your thoughts and cultivate a winning and happy mindset, you will be taking the biggest gamble of your life.
- … More coming...